OBJECTIVES – COMMUNICATIONS, NETWORKING, AND FUNDRAISING. Establish dialog with agricultural leaders; network; examine agricultural issues. Also understanding NJ Agriculture and the NJ Agricultural Convention.
- Fundraising overview – Kris Guttadora (Executive Director, NJ Agricultural Society). Taking the fear out of fundraising; 10 steps to successful fundraising and NJALDP fundraising expectations.
- Persuasive Presentations and Storytelling – Regina Efimchik (Director, Rutgers Univ. School of Communication and Information).
- Networking – increasing contacts through opportunities at the convention – Trade show.
- NJ Agricultural Convention, overview – understanding NJ Agriculture and NJ Agricultural Convention, Kurt Alstede.
- State of the State – NJ Department of Agriculture, Secretary Douglas Fisher.
- Convention Business Session – developing and setting a policy agenda for the industry over the coming year through the resolutions process. Listening sessions – members of the agricultural industry provide on-the-ground experiences and ideas for policy, highlighting Locally Grown.
- County Boards – expectations and mixer.
- Networking – increasing contacts through opportunities at the convention – NJ Agricultural Society Lunch, Ambassadors Reception and Delegates Dinner.