OBJECTIVES – examine how state government works; meet key personnel at the Dept. of Agriculture; overview of lobbying and key issues. Also learn about Farmland Preservation and Right to Farm.
DAY 1, NJ Department of Agriculture
- “A Who’s Who?” Secretary, Douglas Fisher; Meet the Directors – Division of Food and Nutrition, Rose Tricario; Division of Agriculture and Natural Resources, Monique Purcell; Division of Animal Health, Dr. Manoel Tamassia; Division of Plant Industry, Joe Zoltowski; Division of Marketing and Development, Al Murray (retired); and Legislative Liaison, Rob Vivian.
- State House Tour
- Legislative Overview – meet with Assembly Democrats and Assembly Republicans.
- NJ Farm Bureau, overview and current issues.
- Farmland Preservation and Right to Farm – Farm Bureau Farmhouse; State Agricultural Development Board.
- Assemblyman Bob Andrzejczak – Assembly Agricultural Committee